Friday, April 3, 2009

Long time, no see.

Well, it has been a few months since I’ve posted anything. Four 14 months I had to endure a very harsh working environment. With 60+ hours a week, I had little time for writing to a blog our enjoying my hobby. In February I had the opportunity to leave and go to work for myself. I’m hoping this allows me to enjoy my hobby and to also contribute more to this blog. Some of you may already know that I’m a Microsoft Certified Trainer. I am now the owner of MCTExpert.com. I also have as part of my business my stock photography. Hopefully, this will help boost my sales as well.


This weekend however, I am in North Chicago. OK, not very exciting. It still looks like winter up here. I did have an interesting experience in Waukegan. I used one of my favorite apps, Google Earth, to locate a harbor. I live in the middle of Indiana so a shore line is something that I do not get to see all that often. What was I thinking? After living here for a year as part of my service in the US Navy, I should have known better. Waukegan is not the most photogenic community. I choose a route that took me through less then friendly neighborhoods. When I finally got to the harbor, there were no boats in the water. I did take some images of the harbor entrance markers. I know, not very exciting. I’m beginning to experiment with a technique called High Dynamic Range. We will see what they look like in post processing.

Next week I’ll be in Fort Wayne, IN. I’m hoping to get an evening out in town to explore with my camera.

No comments: