Monday, September 8, 2008

Take a So-So Picture and Make It Sellable

I will be the first to admit that I am not the best photographer. My camera has a tendency to focus on the softer side. The Reject Nazi’s hit me on that fact way too often. I also do not have a studio to shoot pictures of fruit on a solid white background. So, what do you do when you have a so-so image? You can always do a little post processing work.


On a business trip to Seattle, I took a little trip up the Space Needle to try and get a good view of the city. It was February, cold, and raining hard. Not exactly the weather I was hoping for.



This is the original image.







It was accepted at a few sites. I then noticed that more popular images were in a bluish hue. So, I changed it to Black and White so I can make it shades of blue. I liked the black and white image so well, I uploaded it as well. Both images were accepted.





I uploaded them in different batches to avoid getting some love from the Series Nazi’s. Take a look at the results.










Try a little post processing and see what happens.

No comments: