Friday, August 15, 2008

Illustrations for Stock???


The stock photography market is not just for images you shoot with your camera. More and more graphic artists are getting into the game. Usually, computer generated images do sell. As a matter of fact, my best selling images are computer generated.

There are a variety of packages out there. I personally use Daz software’s Bryce 3D. It is simple and I already know the software from my less busy days. Another one that I’m hoping to learn someday is an open source package called Blender. You can download it for free at http://www.blender.org/. It is much more complex and much more powerful. I have yet to do anything significant enough to consider creating stock imagery with it. From what I’ve seen, it is good stuff.

To see what others are creating, do your normal keyword search but add in illustration or vector and see what comes up. Vector images are unique in that they do not lose resolution when you zoom in and they can be scaled up without pixilation. I have no experience in vector software packages so please feel free to add some comments on this one.

No comments: