Monday, December 14, 2009

New Camera!!!!

OK, OK. I know that I have not been keeping up with this blog. I've been very busy trying to manage a business and also taking my skills to the next level. Over the past several years, I have felt hampered by my equipment. I purchased a refurbished Canon Digital Rebel with two lens. I have been struggling ever since. I have nothing against Canon. As a matter of fact, I'm still using Canon. My refurbished camera has been the source of rejection after rejection because of the bad image quality. Not any more. I have now upgraded to a Canon EOS 7D. WOW! What a difference!

The images are sharper. Colors more accurately captured and noise is greatly reduced. I also have a 18-135 mm lens with image stabilization. This means that I will be able to capture wider angles then before.

There are two times of the year when Indiana is just not that photogenic. Ok, I should say worst then usual. Those times are after the leaves fall and before we get any decent snow. And after the snow melts until spring. We are in that first period. I did take my camera to downtown Indianapolis after a rain shower and got some beautiful images. I've been doing some studio work to get a better feel for the camera. Thus far I am very satisfied.

Another thing to note here is this. I paid for the camera, lens, cable release, cleaner and backpack entirely with earnings from my stock photography. Not bad, uh?


No comments: