Sunday, November 9, 2008

Profit or Play?

Do you shoot for profit, or just to play around? I’ve been browsing around my own portfolio and looking at the “best sales” listed on various web sites. I’ve known for quite a while that my skills are not at the same level as many. I also know that my favorite subject, landscapes, are not profit makers in the microstock arena. I’m still in this game though for first play and then profit.

Don’t get me wrong. I love it when I get an extended license sale or an entire series of images were purchased. I obviously like doing microstock. I have a weekly blog to prove it. I also know that I could reinvest my earnings so I could create “studio” images. I do it because I love photography and I love sharing my work. Let’s face it. I’m not going to have an exhibit at a gallery anytime soon, so I’ll just enjoy seeing how many people look at my images. What’s wrong with enjoying your work, and making a little cash on the side?

No comments: