Wednesday, January 27, 2010

3,500 Sales and More Signs of a Recovery

Today I past 3,500 images sold. I have various milestones that I created nearly 3 years ago when I started to sell stock. This was one of them. I also keep track of some monetary statistics. One of them is my 12 month moving average. The last time that I set a new high for this metric was December of 2008. After over a year, I now have set a new bench mark for this metric of over $110 per month and rising. If you recall, December of 2008 was about when the recession was really starting to show. The graph of my 12 month average pretty much went flat. Now that the economy is recovering. I'm watching this line slowly rising.

I also keep tabs on my 3, 6, and 24 month averages. The advantage of watching these metrics is that it allows me to see how I'm doing in the market over a period of time that helps to balance out seasonal variances. I can also reasonable determine what my income should be in the future.

No comments: